PLN Mindmap



What do you notice? I notice that my mind map is very colourful, and easy to navigate (for my eyes) because of the icon placement. Within each sub-heading is a lot of information about: the resource, which includes things I like about it, and the people and things that influence me the most.

How diverse is your network? I feel like a have quite the diverse network in terms of the various social media programs represented. You see the most common forms of social media depicted (snapchat, Instagram, Twitter), and yet ones that might have less notoriety (animate, paddle, Kahoot).

What have you learned/confirmed by developing your PLN? I enjoyed creating this mind map because it allowed me to visually showcase my learning throughout the course. I love that I have this hard copy that represents my learning/takeaway from this course, and know it is something I will continue to add to and reference. I noticed that out of the "gazillions" of social media tools and apps I could use, I only selected the ones I could see myself using in the future/feel comfortable using in a classroom to put on my map (for the time being).

Where do you want to go next? Again, I really liked this project because it helped me reflect on my learning/journey throughout this course. Like mentioned in my self-evaluation, I can see myself adding more to this mind map as I continue to learn more about social media and its uses in education. Next, I would like to focus on finding local educators who also share similar views about social media use in the classroom. If I can be a part of a like-minded community of learners/teachers, then I think this is something that will become more sustainable in my practice!









Comments

Popular Posts